Sunday 30 October 2011

10,000 Steps


10,000 steps a day to good health.
This has been highly publicized by the Ministry of Health.
I can be quite obedient.
So I walk each day; up and down the stairs at home and in school.
At times I walk around the neighborhood in the evenings and think of things.
But the most concrete form of steps I take quite frequently is when I go on my machine.



So I walk and walk for health and of course to look better in clothes. I walk on this pair of sneakers for days and months and can never bring myself to throw them away despite tiny holes appearing here and there.





But today it really gave way. See the foot piece slipped out of the base; it means I have to throw them away. Grace has often chided me for keeping them. But I just could not bring myself to do it earlier as it has accompanied me for so many steps...



The shoes finally are fit for the bin. Old faithful.




Grace has long bought this pair for me to replace them. The old shall pass and the new will come. That's life ; we look forward to solutions and a new look. We add colors and new things for a new joy. So, this will be my new walking mate.

Thank you daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment