Thursday 7 June 2012

State of Art

 Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS)
When you have decided to go down South alone, you may want to take a coach and so you have to head to a State of Art terminal called TBS about 10km from the city centre. Yesterday, while at the terminal I was deciding whether I should visit the younger or older ones; the girls in Singapore or my old parents in Muar. Very quickly, the decision was to see the older ones; the younger ones may not find my visit very necessary but my father and mother will always want me home. So I left for my good old hometown.


 The coach terminal is one place that I am proud to be associated with in this country. It is impressive being well organized and sparklingly clean. It is as if you were going to board a plane. There were signatures showing directions that lead you to get tickets and information.




 The schedules were clearly stated and the pleasant ethos was felt as the place is fully air-conditioned and offers much comfort and it is not a chore to wait for the coach to arrive.


 Surrounding the terminal are some convenience stores for last minute shopping and food.



 You will have to show your tickets to the police officers before you are allowed to go down the escalator leading to the departure gates. So well organized and safe.


 The foreigners; I observed were highly impressed by the systematic way things are run here. It is indeed a great pleasure to be at this terminal. The ticket to Muar is a mere RM16.00. The ride was equally pleasant and easy except I must confess that the coaches need to be better maintained and swept.

The visit home was a most enjoyable one especially when I get to share and talk with my parents about almost everything on earth from siblings to medical reports and food. So we whiled away the hours just talking and eating and watching the never ending Taiwanese Series "Niang Jia" . How many times can you get to be together chiding one another and laughing at the funny moments of life ?
My father and mother never fail to amaze me with their zest for life and their spirit of independence.
God bless my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment