Saturday 2 June 2012

When You Ask

 
 The Power of Asking
My daughters will not agree; they will be quite mad at my audacity.
They always say I ask for the most unthinkable thing at the most embarrassing moments.
But that, unfortunately is me. 

  
 When you have no one around in the house except for your spouse, you will look for something to do on a Saturday evening. So today is one of those which saw both of us looking for something to munch after dinner. Don't you think the 'tauhu bakar' looks good?
So we decided to have a go at it.
The illustration looks better than the taste though.
Promise you my pai tees taste many, many, many times better.
If there is an opportunity and the mood and setting are right, I will offer you; free of charge.

 The boys at the counter are cute. Hey aunty, can we be in your pic too?
Sure , why not?

 

Very soon, the bill came. Not a big sum; only RM5.30 for 2 pieces of 'tauhu bakar' ( roasted toufu). 
So I asked dad for the wallet. All in notes and a 20 cent coin. 
"Dad, just 10cents more please. Dig your pockets , please." But when there is no more coin you cannot do anything about it but to lament at the way we carelessly throw our coins around the house.When you only needed another 10cents to complete the payment; there is none in sight. So I had to give the RM6.00 notes.
It came; my audacity.
" Boleh kurang sepuluh sen ka?" ( can you give me a discount of 10cents, please?)
I know my daughters will be gasping in shame.But I believe in the power of trying and asking. It's not the amount but the sheer shame that I lack only 10 cents and then to carry that 90 cents in the wallet.
The cute ones up there said; " Ini macam ah... boleh, boleh." ( sure, why not?)
Yea. Mission accomplished.
Dad will never on his last breath do what I did.
But I did it. Not feeling shameful. It was only a request. They obliged.
Girls, sorry la...mama is like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment