Friday 18 November 2011

The Break

2011
The year flew by.

Today is the start of the break and the end of the school year.
I told the teachers this morning that it is a happy day as it means a year's work done.
Now it's time for the deserving rest.
So, I am blogging at 12am; actually waiting for Grace to come home from a wedding dinner.
I want to have the time to myself. Tomorrow I do not have to wake up at unearthly hours. Tomorrow I can linger on my bed and need not get up if I chose not to. It's a good feeling.
So, now I know when I retire I will be able to do that everyday. Won't that be nice?
But my family members do not agree with me. Grace says I will be bored in no time, Esther says I have to find something else to do, Sara will not believe that I will ever stop and my father says no; not yet.

Only my dear husband says " do as you like !" How wonderful...

But I know however late I might want to stay in bed, my eyes will be opened in the wee hours of the morning not because of anything except my biological clock tells me I am not getting any younger by the day; that people of my age don't know how to sleep late.
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow for the habitual times that I have been going through all my life, I will find myself knocking at the gates of the school and doing my duties...making sure the SPM and STPM students plough through the challenges victoriously.
Tomorow and tomorrow and tomorrow ... I need to get the school ready for next month...

I will have my break; in due course and I look forward to it.
Looking forward to the break !

To be with the children again!

No comments:

Post a Comment