Saturday 5 November 2011

The Unsung Heroes


In Appreciation

The clock beside my bed says 4.30am.
Try as much as I could, my thoughts are around me and I cannot get rid of them.
They call it thought attack; a time when all matters decide to crowd round you...school, plans, children and people.

Certainly, there is this humming vehicle that goes around the housing estate in the wee hours of the morning. I thought of the people who man the service. I got up and took a shot of them. They say if sleep evades you; get up and do something useful. I wanted to make sure that they were the ones I thought they were.





The garbage collectors work in the wee hours of the morning to minimize interruptions and to get the job done neat and fast. What will happen to us if they do not carry out the task? We cannot imagine the stench and the ugly sights.



Later in the morning while at the market , I saw them again. An unpleasant job but definitely an important one. Without them life will be so inconvenient. Menial the task may seem but recognition it must receive from the public. I bet no one thanks them. I call them the unsung heroes doing us a great favor everyday. So, thank you to the unsung heroes.



In my school, there is also an unsung heroine. She works day and night in front of the computer to finish tasks for the school. She keys in marks, teachers' profiles, courses ... you name them. I am embarrassed at the great sacrifices she makes each day. Siew Hoon, thank you for your hours of sacrifice and diligence. You are more than a teacher. You are great. Thank you.

The Unsung Heroes.

2 comments:

  1. hey, Pn Chong, i am very touched but it is "little" compare to u! i still have a lot to learn not only school work but life experience. thank you very much for sharing yr story especially "i passed".
    another thing, my photo not NICE.....ha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make my day ! Photo not nice never mind ; character beautiful more valuable...

    ReplyDelete