Sunday 6 May 2012

Mealtimes


 What To Eat

When your home shrinks and children leave the nest; it becomes a challenge during meal times.You get stressed out at times just thinking about the menu. But fear not, the Pastor told us this morning. Do not let the fear factor incapacitate you so I am not going to let this bug me.

Next, what to eat for dinner?
Had Ipoh White Coffee for breakfast; noodles for lunch and frankly speaking, during lunch I was already contemplating on what to eat for dinner. Something light and easy to digest.
Yes.
Fish Porridge.
 We had quite a bit of porridges in Singapore last weekend; and tonight I shall try my very own version minus the ajinomoto.
The anchovy stock is a must. No stock works well without it. Then I added some fish skeletals after scraping the flesh from them. This I hope would make it sweeter.Then of course I put it the rice and boiled it till soft. If you are in doubt of the tastiness of the stock you can add some minced meat.
When the porridge is soft and ready, I added in the fish pieces which I had scraped earlier on.This is to allow the fish pieces to be in 'good, sizable condition' for consumption. You get to taste the fish and not having them disappeared in the porridge.
To add more taste, I put a little sesame oil; shallot oil will do too.Adding a little salt and fish gravy sauce will do good tricks.
The result : better than the Singapore version, my dear daughters.
So use the formula to cook when you have run out of ideas for meals.



See; perfect concoction.

When you come home late and it becomes difficult to prepare dinner; prepare the stock in the morning or the night before and fridge it. The rest will be as easy as ABC.

Try mama's version of fish porridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment