Saturday 5 May 2012

My Long Lost Friends

 Traced by Facebook
The power of the media; even Nayati's release was negotiated through fb.
Today I had an invitation to be a friend through fb. 
A long lost friend; Molina Musa.



 Then I had this photo posted into my fb. From left : Molina, Norma and Mumtaj.Wow friends of the 70s all from the same Alma Mater- Sultan Abu Bakar Girls' School, Muar, Johor.
In the days of old we are friends to our siblings' friends.They are in fact classmates to my older sister but my friends nevertheless. Molina has a sister by the name of Rohila; my classmate. See, somehow we are all interconnected whether classmates or classmates' siblings.
On top of everything else they are also known to our parents dearly. My parents see the three grow up together with their own biological children. In Muar, everybody knows everyone.Molina's and Norma's parents are friends to my parents...the list is unending
So even after all these years; it only takes a moment to be close to them again.We studied, played, shared, ate and fooled around together in school. Somehow we cliqued and gelled famously. They were good company and their sense of humour is thick.You will laugh and laugh and laugh.They are a different breed from people of today !
Molina has lost a bit of weight; she used to be on the plumb side; Norma is still her bubbly self and Mumtaj has put on a little weight.


All three of them are thick pals of Sandra and Dr.G.Molina, Norma and Sandra acted in Dr. G's "Sound of Music" and were part of her choir team. So the friends lost in distance are not lost in spirit.Good to meet them over fb again.

Friends forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment